Here’s a quick and easy banana mini muffins recipe for those mornings when you just need a little pick me up.
About this Recipe
Sometimes you just need a little treat in the morning. Nothing excessive, just a little taste of something warm, sweet, and delicious, to get your day going. On those occasions, we love making mini-muffins. They are super fast (baking in 5-10 minutes), and adorable. Muffins are a great way to use up whatever fruit you have lying around that looks like its getting on towards its last legs. We’ve already waxed poetic about our love of banana bread, so it should come as no surprise that this banana mini muffins recipe is a favorite.
If you prefer regular-sized muffins, you can use this recipe to make four normal muffins (2 each for you and a friend, or just 4 for you if it’s that kind of day).
- Yield: 12 mini muffins or 4 regular sized muffins. Serves 2 adults or 1 adult and 2 kids.
- Active Time: 10 minutes
- Bake Time: 5-10 minutes
- Total Time: 15-20 minutes
Ingredients for the Banana Mini Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup (about 2/3 of a banana) mashed overripe banana
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
Directions for the Banana Mini Muffins Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a twelve well muffin mini-muffin tin with Pam or someother non-stick spray.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, salt together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash banana.
- Stir eggs, sugar, and oil into the mashed banana.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Scrape the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake 5-10 minutes until the muffins are golden brown and spring back when touched.
- Let cool 5 minutes in pan, then remove to a cooling rack.
Affiliate Disclosure: As Amazon Associates, we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases when you click on links embedded in this post.