Can’t pick between a brownie and a cookie? We understand; that happens to us, too. This recipe combines them both into delicious brownie mix chocolate chip cookies.
About this Brownie Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
This recipe takes a homemade brownie recipe and dollops it into chocolate chip cookies. This makes a brownie more convenient (less crummy fingers) and more transportable (lunchtime brownie, anyone?). Hooray! These brownie mix chocolate chip cookies combine the best thing about brownies (fudgy center) with the best thing about cookies (crispy edge). We like to fold chocolate chips into the brownies, for some extra chocolate flavor, but you could equally sub in a range of different flavors — butterscotch chips or peanut butter chips, if that’s your taste. We often eat these cookies plain, which emphasizes their deep dark chocolatey-ness.
These cookies are a favorite any time of the year: They are fun to dip in white chocolate and sprinkle with some fun seasonal sprinkles (see our halloween themed ones above!). Or, in the summer, they make an excellent base for an ice cream sandwich. Regardless of the season, these favorite desserts are always best served with a cold glass of milk
More Hybrid Treats
Having a schizophrenic moment and need more inspiration for desserts that hit two favorite categories in one foul swoop?
Looking for more Halloween dessert ideas? Check these out:
Useful Tools for Making these Brownie Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies
Brownie Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- small cookie scoop
- white chocolate candy melts
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 2 oz semisweet chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or peanut/butterscotch chip
- To decorate:
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or candy melts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and chopped chocolate over low heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir in eggs, sugars, and vanilla extract.
- Sift in the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt). Stir until a thick dough forms.
- Set aside until the batter cools to room temperature. If you’re in a hurry, spread on a rimmed baking sheet and stick in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop to drop batter by tablespoons onto a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until just set.
- Cool several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies cool, heat the white chocolate in the microwave in 5 second bursts until fully melted.
- Dip half of each of the brownie cookies in the white chocolate, then top with sprinkles and let dry on a piece of cooling rack.
Affiliate Disclosure: As Amazon Associates, we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases when you click on links embedded in this post.